IMG_8485.JPG IMG_8481.jpgThumbnailsIMG_8490.JPGIMG_8481.jpgThumbnailsIMG_8490.JPG

We had one good day of skiing at Chicago Basin, but the next day the weather turned against us. We tried to climb Mt. Jupiter (a peak that’s long been on Kurt’s to-do list) but retreated in the face of high winds and white-out conditions. We got back to our camp early in the day, and rather than spending a cold and damp night our tent we decided to make a frantic hike out to the DSRR railway to see if we could catch the afternoon train back to Durango and comfortable hotel room (there’s only one train each day). Here’s a rain-soaked Kurt back at the DSRR stop, happy to have made it back in time for the train.